Laughing and Losing It: ACRONYM

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

ACRONYM


You know you are not cool anymore when you have to look up facebook acronyms on the online urban dictionary.  I have to do this often.  I am not cool.  For example, I had to look up ROFL.  For some reason, I tried reading it phonetically and it came out as RALPH--like throw up.  you want me to throw up about it?  That's not right!  THEN it got me thinking.  Since many people don't really know what acronyms stand for,  (I know there are more of you hiding in the not-cool closet!) why not use them to say things that you wish you could say on facebook, but don't because it isn't polite. Here are a few facebook acronyms I created along with an explanation for when their use is most appropriate.  Enjoy. 


A friend posts a picture of their getaway to some paradise:  "WOW, WIMLMITBTGAFK! YLIBTML!"    Translation--  Wow, I must lock myself in the bathroom to get away from kids!  Your life is better than my life!

When you share something you have accomplished:  "LWICD!"  Look what I can do! 

When someone constantly posts radical ideas (from EITHER side).  "IWICFSY!"  I wish I could facebook-slap you!

You get another invite to play a facebook game:  "IAHAFFG, ICFS."  --  I already have a fun facebook game, It's called Facebook Stalking. 

Your loved one posts a REALLY awkward selfie:  " TID.  T.  ICSTCILY."  Take it down.  Terrible.  I can say that cause I love you. 

When you get some really opinionated responses to a light-hearted comment:  "YNTUYP!"  You need to untwist your panties! 

When you over-post pictures of your adorable baby:  " IOWMKAIDC!"   I'm obsessed with my kid and I don't care!

When you get invited to like an acquaintance from high-school's business page: "YWAOSN!"  You were always obnoxious, so no. 

When you really, really, actually like a cute picture of a friend or their kid: " IMTFLT!"  I more than facebook-like this! 

When you have to unfriend or block someone because of offensive posts write: " IGW.  LNBRFE. "  It's getting weird.  Let's not be real friends either. 

When something amazing happens to someone you really care about:  "AAAAAAAAAAAA"  translated--AAAAAAAAAAAAA

When you are lonely and haven't had any of the little red numbers show up on your facebook page, write on your own wall:  SS  DS A!  Say something,  Do something, ANYTHING! 

When you are feeling just slightly superior:  "MLIBTYL"  My life is better than your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment