Laughing and Losing It: Lucky Charms Anyone??

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lucky Charms Anyone??


I'm sure many of you have spent (wasted?) time on the website Pinterest.  I have also been sucked into this craze.  But as I browse all the crafts, recipes, interior decorating, vinyl lettering, quotable embroidered pillows, glass etched knick knacks, and home-grown-organic table spreads, I can't help but feel a little...inferior.  I don't know when pinterest became a ferocious competition, but in my insecure brain it WAS, and I was the dead-last loser.  Maybe the rest of you have perfect homes with ribbon encrusted girls bedrooms but that is not my home.  So, as an exercise in self-worth I aired my dirty...er..CLEAN laundry.  As if to say "You are ok, even though you have a 1.5-week pile of laundered clothes that need to be folded and put away."  It may come across a little sarcastic to put nasty home pictures next to mostly artistic images, but I knew that others could relate to REAL interior decorating and get a good laugh.  Above is another gem I snapped immediately after taking the "Laundry Vomit" picture: Lucky Charms as they were meant to be: a day old floating in greasy sink water.  SO in my own unique way I shall keep pinning and keep on keeping it real!  Here is "Laundry Vomit" for those who missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment