Laughing and Losing It: Sweet Feet!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sweet Feet!


I am completely addicted to flat shoes and have been since BEFORE my second daughter was born.  I'm sorta running out of excuses for this behavior.  I'm not pregnant, and I don't have a newborn strapped to me.  My baby is approaching seven months, so that makes...um..almost a year-and-a-half of wearing flat shoes.  I am not referring to the cutsie flat kind, with jewels and fabric flowers.   Mine are sandals: black, ATHLETIC sandals.  I made certain, when I bought them MORE than 20 months ago at "Ross", that it would be nearly impossible to decipher the "Columbia" name and logo.  I knew only creepy feet-people would take the time to read the tiny white-on-black print, and feet-people can't be trusted anyway, so um, that is my excuse...I wear black athletic sandals as a way of weeding out people who are only friends with me because of my feet. 

Actually, I wear them (even to church) because they are so, so comfortable!!  I really WANT to wear the awesome HUGE heels, but it seems that each time I try on heels, the available styles are at least 1" taller than the ones I tried  last time.  They keep growing taller, and taller!  Can we stop this, can we stop the insanity!!??  It's really scary for a shoe size 10-11, flat-footed mom!  I've always been clumsy in heels and the extra pounds lately are not helping.  I remember buying a $179 pair of BCBG satin heels in collage, about 3.5", showing them off to an acquaintance with a prideful strut, and her saying, "They're cute, but they look... really...uncomfortable."  "Uncomfortable" is nice-girl code for "They're really bad, you look desperate...don't hurt yourself."  These days you can really get away with such trashy-looking heels while just seeming "trendy" (Are you officially an old women when you say "These days?" Probably.)  I WANT SOME TRASHY heels!!  I suppose I could invest in some "Toms" but every time I try on the canvas shoe, I can't help but feel like a very old man wearing his house-shoes while reclining on the lazy boy after a long day at golf.  But maybe old-man-couch-potato shoe is better than black athletic sandal.  Oh Hum.  I will hold off on the heel, for now, for the safety of me and my children.  But some day me and my curvy figure with ROCK a SWEET pair.  And when I do, LOOK OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment